Satellite Industry Strategy 2030: Invest Program Criteria
Oct 8, 2020
9.30 - 10.00
10.00 – 11.30
Plenary session. Digital technology development trends and satellite industry transformationModerator: Ksenia Drozdova, RSCC Deputy Director General, Chairperson of the Operations Committee of IOSC “Intersputnik”
- Strength test. Scenarios of telecom industry development during and after the pandemic. Isolation lessons (infrastructure safety margin, whether investment program criteria will change).
- Prospects for the allocation of frequencies for the development of 5G networks (tbc).
- Global satellite projects of today. The "Sphere" project and the place of satellite communication and broadcasting systems in it.
- Role and place of satellite communications in the digital economy of the Russian Federation.
- ISS JSC plans for development of satellite platforms and creation of prospective spacecrafts.
- New trends and new orbits of RSCC.
- Oleg Ivanov, Deputy Minister of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation (tbc)
- Andrey Zheglov, Deputy Director of the State Policy in the Field of Communications Department
- Yuri Urlichich, First Deputy Director General for the Development of the Orbital Group and Priority Projects, Roscosmos (tbc)
- Oleg Dukhovnitskiy, Head of the Federal communications Agency
- Yuri Vilkov, Deputy Director General – Deputy General Designer for Development and Innovations, ISS-Reshetnev Company
- Yuri Prokhorov, Acting Director General, RSCC
- Denis Kuskov, CEO, the Telecom Daily information and analytical agency
11.30 – 11.45
11.45 – 13.15
Session 2. Digital wars. Battle for bandwidth: satellite operators vs. 5G operators. Who wins and why? Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the power balance in the telecom industryModerator: Leonid Konik, Chief Editor of PG “ComNews” publications
- Role of satellite communications in 5G ecosystem.
- Future of 5G networks from the standpoint of an international satellite operator.
- Issues of standardization of 5G satellite component in international organizations.
- Role of satellites in 5G networks development. Standardization in 3GPP Release-17.
- 5G: Battle for C-band in different areas of the world. News from the fields.
- Impact of COVID-19 on satellite communications industry: challenges and opportunities.
- Pandemic: a moment of truth or a window of opportunities for satellite communication operators? Points of growth? Subscriber metamorphosis scenarios, ARPU forecast, portrait of a client who survived the pandemic.
- Evgeny Buydinov, Deputy Director General, RSCC
- Nikolay Orlov, Regional Vice-President Eutelsat S.A
- Victor Strelets, Scientific consultant, Chairman ITU-R Study Group 4
- Sasha Sirotkin, 3GPP RAN3 Vice Chairman, Intel
- Mark Guthrie, Chief Commercial Officer, Azercosmos
- Andrey Kirillovich, Director of Integration and Turnkey Projects, RSCC
- Sergey Pekhterev, shareholder, Ka-Internet JSC
13.15 – 13.30
13.30 – 15.00
Session 3. Global reload of broadcast and media industry (with participation of TMT Conference).Moderator: Sergey Plotnikov, Director of the Infocommunications technologies & multimedia services Department, RSCC
- Will the ‘TV sharks’ survive in the new media content consumption environment?
- How will the media consumption change after the lockdown?
- Will video services hold up to the subscription base growth?
- What role will be played by Netflix and NMG in the online cinema turf war?
- What will it cost operators to increase traffic on networks during the pandemic?
- Will the pandemic cause a deficit of new video content?
- How do broadcasters integrate User Generated Content in their projects?
- A whirlwind on the Russian media and telecom market: will ecosystems take the lead?
- Subscription model within ecosystems: success formula or marketing trick?
- What role do infrastructure operators have in building ecosystems?
- What consumer services and what content should a media ecosystem include?
- Alexander Shirokikh, General Director, National Association of Broadcasters
- Yulia Shakhmanova, CEO, Satellite TV (STV)
- Kirill Makhnovskiy, CEO, Orion Group
- Anton Volodkin, head of Wink service, Rostelecom
- Andrey Gromkovsky, Vice President for Russia and CIS, UFC (Ultimate Fighting Challenge)
- Anna Ivanova, Director of new distribution channels development, Rambler Group
15.00 – 15.15
15.15 – 17.15
Session 4. Trends of mass service satellite networks’ development.Moderator: Evgeny Buydinov, Deputy Director General, RSCC
- ELO: Eutelsat low-orbit communications system.
- Kinéis: low-orbit location and data exchange system.
- IoT Marathon multi-satellite data system: service competitiveness conditions.
- “Gonets satellite communications system” development prospects.
- Development of Gilat Satellite Networks business on market for Non-GEO Satellite Orbits (NGSO).
- Telecom business requirements for non-geostationary satellite systems.
- Customer equipment for NGSO satellite communication systems.
- Plans of satellite operators and manufacturers to develop business in low-orbit satellite communications system.
- The Connected future.
- Corporate VSAT market. Extremum points in 2020.
- Nikolay Orlov, Regional Vice-President Eutelsat S.A.
- Alexandre Salman, general director, ES-PAS (representative of Kinéis in Russia)
- Valentin Anpilogov, Deputy General Director, JSC “VSAT-TEL"
- Maksim Diordiev, Head of Satellite Systems Application Division
- JSC "Satellite system "Gonets"
- Konstantin Lanin, Head of Representative Office, Regional Director Russia & CIS Business, Hughes Network Systems, LLC
- Sergey Stepanenko, Technical director, AltegroSky Group of Companies
- Danila Medvedev, Director of Technical Business Development, Gilat Satellite Networks (Eurasia) LLC
- Andrey Romulov, Technical director, Iskra Group of Companies
- Didier Le Boulc’h, Vice President, Strategy and Telecommunications Solutions at Thales Alenia Space
- Vincent Guermonprez, Business Development Director, Telecommunication Satellites, Airbus Defence and Space
- Inessa Glazkova, Executive Director, Nebo Global Communication Communications
17.15 – 17.20
17.20 – 17.35
“SatComRus Award 2020” ceremony. Summary of the marketing campaign "For the 75th Anniversary of the Victory" organized by RSCC jointly with Ka-band partners.
Memo for Participants
Oleg Dukhovnitsky, Rossvyaz
Oleg Dukhovnitsky and Youri Prokhorov
Youri Prokhorov, RSCC
Igor Chursin, Rossvyaz
Oleg Dukhovnitsky, Rozzsvyaz and Alexander Ganin, RSCC
Eygeny Buidinov, RSCC